They're here! They're here!
Our friends Justin & Liz Grimm and Ryan Marshall were still here visiting us, so on Saturday night we left the kids with a babysitter and took everyone into Dublin for a proper pub crawl!
meeting our neighbors!
Sunday afternoon we all headed into Dublin to tour the Guinness Storehouse.
playing in the barley
At the top of the Storehouse, you can exchange your ticket for a pint of Guinness or for a Coke if you're underage.
Monday morning Justin, Liz and Ryan flew back to the states. We spent the day at home so I could do a little cleaning and regrouping and do some grocery shopping. On Tuesday we headed about an hour north of us to the Boyne Valley.
Our first stop of the day was at Newgrange, a 5,000 year old passage tomb.
another mound that has not been excavated
After Newgrange we went to the Hill of Slane - It is said that St. Patrick lit the first Easter fire in 433 A.D. on this hill in defiance of the pagan High King Lóegaire in nearby Hill of Tara.
After the Hill of Slane, we stopped at the Hill of Tara. Luke was asleep in the car so I stayed with him and didn't get any pictures taken. Although I'm sure Lucas and Joy did. After they finished up at Tara, we headed over to Trim.
touring inside the castle
Wednesday morning we left early and headed north to the Antrim Coast. Our first stop was the Dark Hedges.
Then we went to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.
That's Lucas, Joy and their kids walking across the bridge which is about 100 ft high.
our turn!
We couldn't have ordered better weather that day!
Back across the bridge we go!
After the Rope Bridge, we drove over to the Giant's Causeway. The kids turned into little mountain goats!
And of course we had to go see the Giant's boot!
I think I took their Christmas card picture!
Thursday morning Joy's cousin was in Dublin before heading to western Ireland for a friend's wedding. So he hung out with us that day and we spent the morning at Malahide Castle and then went over to Howth for lunch.
Grandpa and Grandma should get a table like this one so we'll all fit around it!
checking to see if Puck, the residential ghost, is at home
There was a peacock in the gardens behind the visitor's center.
Lucas and Jimmy practicing for their golf game they had scheduled for Friday. So of course the kids had to practice too!
Even eating outside is more fun with cousins!
Friday Joy and I went shopping for awhile and Jimmy and Lucas played golf in the afternoon. That evening we had the babysitter come over again and we had a little parent's night out in Maynooth!
And because I have a lot of pictures to share, I'll blog the second half that trip next!
No comments:
Post a Comment