Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Random Fun Pictures From the Past Few Months

As I was downloading and organizing pictures, I noticed that there were a few fun ones, in between family visits, that I hadn't posted.  Most of these I think I posted on Facebook, but thought I'd do a quick blog in case I hadn't.  Enjoy!  :)


New Year's Day - Jimmy was invited to play in a game of football down at the local GAA.  Here he is about to head out.  He was a bit nervous since he hadn't played "football" in awhile.  Turns out it wasn't what our first thought of football is, it was soccer!  Ha!  He still had a good time though :)


Luke has always shared a bedroom with someone.  When we moved into this house there was a queen size bed in one of the bedrooms so we put the boys in it.  They loved it, however they were keeping each other awake at night instead of going to sleep.  So we moved Jack down the hall to his own room.  Luke was having a hard time with falling asleep by himself in a room.  In this particular picture, he had come into our room a few times and not long after I had sent him back to his room, I walked out of our room to find this.  Luke is laying outside of Jack's room asleep.  We since have moved two smaller beds into the large room (gave Kate the large bed) and turned the small room into a playroom.  Jack was wanting to be back in the bigger bedroom because he could play basketball in it better.  So now everyone is happy.  Jack can play basketball in his room, Luke has someone else sleeping in his room and Mama isn't being woken up in the middle of the night by her 3 year old climbing into her bed anymore.  :)


Jimmy modeling one of his Christmas gifts.  KCCO!


Olivia invited Kate to go to the movie theater to watch a sing-along version of Frozen.  Before they left, they played dress up and Olivia's mom braided their hair.


This is Miss Rachel, Luke's teacher.  This was her last day at Little Toppers.  His new teacher is Miss Andrea and he likes her just fine too.


The electricity went off one late afternoon day (thankfully after homework was completed!).  It got dark around 6pm, so I had the kids put on their pajamas, find their flashlights and grab some books.  Then we all crawled into my bed and had a reading party.  This is what Jimmy found when he walked into our bedroom.  After awhile, I turned on some soft music on my iphone and the kids soon fell asleep.  We were able to put them in their own beds for the night.  The electricity didn't come back on until the next afternoon.


This is the night before Valentine's Day.  The only Valentine cards I could find at the store were ones for adults to exchange (and half of those were raunchy!  Ha!)  So we made our own (thanks Pinterest!) and the kids took them to school to pass out.  Turns out, that's not a common thing to do here, but Jack and Kate still enjoyed sharing an American tradition with their classmates and their teacher.


Valentine's Day - It was fancy dress day at school.  Although Jack was insisting that he could wear his ninja costume if he pinned red hearts to it, I made him wear his wedding clothes.  I quickly learned at pick-up time that fancy dress actually meant costume dress.  Jack had been right...but I was forgiven since he made it to the semi-finals in his class's costume contest!


My grocery shopping helpers!


St. Patrick's fancy dress day at school - this time I got it right!  Ha!


The kids were to all meet at the GAA and walk to school with their class.


Natalie, Laura, Adriene (Laura's friend visiting from NM) & Kaitlyn are NM expat wives.  On this particular night we are heading to the Beyonce concert.  And as a surprise, our husbands chipped in and rented this pink limo to take us to and from the concert!


I was standing on my tip toes (already with wearing a heel) and I could still barely see enough to take this picture.  Heck, I was too short to see BEFORE everyone started raising their phones to take a picture!


It's a wonder I haven't gained a 100lbs since we've moved over here.........

No comments:

Post a Comment